The site currently has planning permission for a waste recycling facility and an anaerobic digestion facility, with a council resolution secured to grant planning consent for the advanced gasification facility. We estimate that the project in total will have the capacity to convert 182,000 tonnes per year of non-recyclable everyday household and commercial waste, otherwise destined for landfill or incineration, into green electricity, enough to power 37,500 homes.
Our role: EQTEC is a co-developer and gasification technology provider of the project and is working closely in partnership with Logik Developments Limited at the site in Deeside, Flintshire, Wales, UK.
Developments: The plant, with combined technologies will create an enhanced integrated waste-to-energy solution and is currently making progress including:
- Participating in ongoing discussions with potential funders and co-developers
- Working in partnership with Anaergia Inc. who will develop the engineering design for both the waste processing facility and the AD plant
- Entered into a collaboration agreement with Toyota, with initial commercial pricing talks for the biomethane and electricity supplies
- Sourcing the optimal construction and operational structure, with a view to developing additional waste-to-value infrastructure on the site
- Completing technical due diligence with technology insurance providers.
Latest news – September 2022: Non-binding heads of terms have been signed for the acquisition by a publicly-quoted corporate investor of the Project. The agreement is in line with EQTEC’s stated strategy to focus its efforts on high-margin technology and innovation services, engaging partners and customers to develop and fund the capital projects that will deploy EQTEC’s technologies.