We estimate that the plant will annually process c. 200,000 metric tonnes of non-recyclable everyday Municipal Solid Waste, sorted and subject to basic processing treatment to be converted into Refused Derived Fuel, otherwise destined for landfill or incineration, into c. 25 MWe of green electricity, enough to power 50,000 homes.
Our role: We are jointly developing the UK’s first sustainable plant, using our Advanced Gasification Technology, in Haverton Hill, Stockton-on-Tees, UK.
Developments: The plant is currently making progress including:
- Our wholly-owned subsidiary has acquired the land
- Planning permission is approved
- Sourcing the optimal construction and operational structure
- Strategic investor, Kibo Energy plc, is expected to acquire a 54.54% equity stake in the project SPV
- Instructed and received a full quotation for the grid connection from the grid operator, Northern Powergrid
- Completed technical due diligence with technology insurance providers.
Site update – July 2021: Detailed design for the core gasification process and equipment and a concept design for the full plant have been produced. Additionally, the project team is selecting delivery partners, including tier 1 EPC companies
May 2019: EQTEC and Scott Bros. entered into an agreement to jointly develop the project
January 2021: Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council granted planning approval for the scheme
July 2021: Kibo Energy