We estimate that the plant will annually process c. 200,000 metric tonnes of non-recyclable everyday Municipal Solid Waste, sorted and subject to basic processing treatment to be converted into Refused Derived Fuel, otherwise destined for landfill or incineration, into c. 25 MWe of green electricity, enough to power 50,000 homes.
Our role: We are jointly developing the UK’s first sustainable plant, using our Advanced Gasification Technology, in Haverton Hill, Stockton-on-Tees, UK.
Developments: The plant is currently making progress including:
- Our wholly-owned subsidiary has acquired the land
- Planning permission is approved
- Sourcing the optimal construction and operational structure
- Strategic investor, Kibo Energy plc, is expected to acquire a 54.54% equity stake in the project SPV
- Instructed and received a full quotation for the grid connection from the grid operator, Northern Powergrid
- Completed technical due diligence with technology insurance providers.
Latest News – September 2022: Agreement has been reached with Scott Bros. to separate the land ownership from the Project. This will further lend to the optionality for investors, supporting pace toward funding and financial close.
May 2019: EQTEC and Scott Bros. entered into an agreement to jointly develop the project
January 2021: Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council granted planning approval for the scheme
July 2021: Kibo Energy
May 2020: EQTEC and the regional grid operator confirmed agreement details. A Technology Warranty Insurance Policy was offered by a specialist underwriter
February 2021: EQTEC and Scott Bros. signed a conditional Land Purchase Agreement for the project site and pre-enablement works soon began