We estimate that the plant will annually process c. 200,000 metric tonnes of non-recyclable everyday Municipal Solid Waste, sorted and subject to basic processing treatment to be converted into Refused Derived Fuel, otherwise destined for landfill or incineration, into c. 25 MWe of green electricity, enough to power 50,000 homes.
Our role: We are jointly developing the UK’s first sustainable plant, using our Advanced Gasification Technology, in Haverton Hill, Stockton-on-Tees, UK.
Developments: The plant is currently making progress including:
- Our wholly-owned subsidiary has acquired the land
- Planning permission is approved
- Sourcing the optimal construction and operational structure
- Strategic investor, Kibo Energy plc, is expected to acquire a 54.54% equity stake in the project SPV
- Instructed and received a full quotation for the grid connection from the grid operator, Northern Powergrid
- Completed technical due diligence with technology insurance providers.